Friday, February 18, 2011

Selamat Siang. so its been nearly two weeks since my last post. sorry about that. have been quite busy with school and ive been so busy with my cousins. had my first presentation on thursday. the subject was Balinese temples and rituals. I think we did really well. i had a lot of help from my Balinese friends which im very thankful for. There are so many ceremonies and rituals that i didnt know about so it was really quite interesting. my group has another presentation next wednesday. this one is for our business class. its all about the economy between ASEAN and other regions. To be honest i find this class a lil bit hard but i think ill just have to read over everything again. we also had a workshop on traditonal Balinese offerings. well we made these things( cant remember the name sorry) which was really quite fun.. and challenging haha
This is a photo of my friend Mira and Reija and i making the offerings. these ones are for parties and celebrations. the Balinese hang them outside. i think kind of like streamers and balloons. we are clearly concentrating too hard lol heres a photo of the finished product toothe last couple of weeks has been really fun hanging out with my cousins and there friend. its been abit hard though when we go out its just not the same anymore. my bestfriend from Bali died last year and when my cousin came over with me two years ago we went out every night and just had the best of times. but now when shara was here and we went out all i could think of was god i wish froggy was here. Valentines day was especially hard too. i miss my dear froggy so much. 
so the weekend is here again. time is going so quick. not sure what ill be doing. hopefully ill be catching up with family on skype. its been awhile. well i might go for a swim soon and im sooo freaking hot right now lol.. laters

No comments:

Post a Comment